Every injury victim needs good information on how to pursue their accident claim. If you have been injured you probably have a lot of questions. Below are some of the initial questions that many of our clients have when they first contact Londoff Law Firm. The questions below may address some of your initial concerns. If you don’t find the answers here, you should contact us for answers to your specific questions. The consultation is free.

  • What if I want to apply for a new job?

    You will need to inform your potential new employer of any injuries sustained as a result of your accident. They will need to know if your are currently receiving treatment. If you apply for unemployment, you are required to disclose your pending case.

  • What if I am not happy with the doctor my company sent me to?

    Contact our office to discuss your options.

  • What information will I need to provide?

    Keep any and all doctor or hospital records. If you have any pictures or evidence from the injury keep them as evidence. If there were any witnesses to the accident, please provide names and contact information.

  • What if I have been injured at work?

    Inform your employer of the incident. Request medical assistance if needed.

  • How often should I go to my Doctor?

    You should determine the frequency of doctor visits with each doctor individually. You should share all of your symptoms openly with your doctors so they can properly treat you. If they recommend another doctor or you choose to see another doctor, please keep our office informed. We will need name and contact information for all medical providers.

  • When can I expect my case to be settled?

    There are many determining factors. Don't be in a hurry, it is very important to get all the treatment you need before your case is submitted for demand or trial. The process of investigation of all determining factors of the case is also very important. The process for treatment and investigation can take months.

  • Who will pay my medical bills?

    Submit your bills to your health care provider. Your own insurance company should cover the doctor and/or hospital bills. If the fault of the incident lies on the other parties, their insurance company should be responsible for your bills. If there are bills not covered by your insurance company, it might be required that the bills are paid from your settlement.

  • What if I move or get a new phone number?

    It is vitally important that you keep our office updated with your correct address and phone number. Please contact our office with any changes. We will contact you when we have information regarding your case or if we have questions. Please do not be worried if you do not hear from us frequently, know that we are working on your file. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office.

  • What if I received a fine or ticket regarding my incident?

    Do not give any statements or appear in court without contacting our office. We want to make sure you do not prejudice yourself regarding the case that we are handling for you.

  • Do you want copies of the pictures I took?

    Absolutely, take pictures on your cell phone or camera. If you are involved in a car accident, take a picture of the other car involved. If you are have a personal injury, take pictures of your surrounding at the time of the incident. We will need copies of all pictures from the scene of the accident. We also need pictures of your injuries including pictures of any casts or bandages you might have. These can be very important to your case.

  • I have a witness, do you need their name?

    Witnesses can be invaluable to your case. We will need name, address and phone number of any witnesses. Immediately following your accident, look around to see if anyone has witnessed the incident. Ask for their name and phone number.

  • Can I receive compensation for “pain and suffering”?

    It is possible to receive compensation for pain and suffering and emotional distress or anguish as a direct result of your incident. If the injuries are documented and treatment is received.

  • Should I have my car repaired?

    Do not have your car repaired until we have sufficient pictures of all damage. You may take your own pictures or our office can take pictures. After the evidence has been collected, the insurance adjuster may recommend a body shop for the repairs. Be certain that the parts being used on your auto are certified parts.

  • Will I need any paperwork regarding my accident?

    Please keep detailed and accurate records, including police report or number, hospital and doctor bills, wage losses, and any other losses you may incur from the incident. Our office will need copies of all paperwork regarding the incident.

  • How much is my case worth?

    Your case is evaluated by the insurance companies based on the amount of physical damages to auto, personal injuries of persons involved, pain and suffering, and missed work. Your case is negotiated by our experienced lawyers, we work hard to get you all the compensation you deserve.

  • My insurance company offered me a Quick Settlement for my injury, should I accept?

    No, do not accept any offers from insurance companies without consulting an attorney. By signing such an offer, you are releasing them from responsibility of your claim and thereby making it impossible to receive any additional settlement that may be available to you, and it will preclude payment on any further treatment you may receive for such injury.

  • Should I sign a medical authorization with the insurance company?

    No, do not sign anything with an insurance company until you have spoken with an attorney. Signing forms could revoke your right to compensation.

  • My insurance company wants my cell phone records, should I give them?

    No, cell phone records should only be given with a court order or a subpoena.

  • Should I give a statement to the insurance company?

    Do not talk to anyone about your accident except one of the lawyers or staff in our office. Do not talk to your insurance company or the insurance company of the other parties involved unless you have spoken to our office and we have arranged for the statement to be taken in our presence.

  • What does a free consultation mean?

    We offer a free consultation for anyone who has a legal issue. If you have been involved in an auto accident, a personal injury such as a fall down, a work related accident, or have any type of legal issue, contact our office for a free consultation. A fee is charged only if a settlement is received.

  • What should I do if I am involved in an auto accident or have a personal injury?

    If injured, get medical assistance immediately. Do not give a statement to the insurance companies, it may hurt your case. Collect information that will be needed such as insurance information from all parties, witnesses names and contact information and pictures. Contact our office to speak to an attorney as soon as possible.